Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What is Love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no mo~

Today wasn't too bad. Actually got a lot done and no one yelled at anyone today. Everyone was also at work, but I'll take what I can get. ^^

Today I had an appointment with my oncologist, Dr. Uma, that I've had for 5 years. She looked exactly the same, traditional indian clothing with a doctor's coat covered in pen scribbles all over it. It was really nice seeing her, as it always is. I also saw my other oncologist Dr. Nachman, who surprisingly offered me a summer job in one of his research labs (SCORE) and I'd actually get paid (DOUBLE SCORE). I just gotta fill out the paperwork, and hope to the Gods that I don't fuck anything up.... which shouldn't be the case *knock on wood* because I'm pretty decent with biological lab work.

Only problem at the hospital was that the nurse that drew my blood was a complete noob (what else is new) and missed the vein on her first stab and got my nerve instead, which made my arm twitch. Then on her second stab, she.... got my nerve AGAIN.. in the SAME SPOT. Needless to say, that hurt like a bitch... buuuut she got the job done in the end, so a sore arm isn't too bad of a trade-off for knowing that I'm not going to die from anemia. We cool, noob nurse, we cool. :]

rest of the day was pretty nice. Learned the rest of Ian Eastwoods "Please Don't Go" choreography and I also learned Keone's choreo to "Got No Worries" . I still need some cleaning in both dances, but I basically can do them. Maybe I'll work on Sh*t Kingz's "Something Special" or Keone and Ian's choreo to "Rock that Body"... MAYBE BOTH :O

________________________________________________________________

Alright now to what I wanted to talk about. Today I read something about Love that really intrigued me. This guy said that Love is when you can see the flaws of a person, and still have strong positive feelings for them.

I disagree.

I believe that Love is when you are in a relationship and you don't see flaws anymore. Early on in any relationship, there are always going to be at least one noticeable thing that you don't like about your significant other, but I think that if you really loved them, eventually, you wouldn't think about those characteristics as flaws, but rather traits that you love because it's something that makes them who they are.... if that makes sense.

Of course, I'm not sure if that's too improbable for anyone to truly find in a person. I've only got about a month and a half of relationship experience under my belt, so this could all be just speculation from the hopeless romantic that resides in me.

What do you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment