Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hell, it's about time.

Alright, so it's 3 in the AM. Got back from NYC about 4-5 hours ago.

In those 4-5 hours, I spent my time installing and enjoying Starcraft 2.

For those who don't know, I'm a total geek/nerd/dork (shocker). I've always loved video games but Starcraft has always held a real special place in my heart. It was actually the first computer game I've ever played. I still remember my cousin's (now ex) boyfriend showing me the game in what seems like a decade ago. I had never seen anything like it before. Blood, warfare, and explosions, everything a growing asian boy needs in his life all in one beautiful package. Really, unless you've experienced what I (and most of my guy friends along with all of Korea) did years ago with the first Starcraft, you really wouldn't understand how big of a deal it was when Blizzard announced Starcraft 2.

When I initially heard about it, I shat a brick. My childhood came rushing back to me and I felt nothing but excitement since then. I've eagerly anticipated this day for a long, long time; and it did not disappoint. The visuals are spectacular, the story (from what I've gone through so far) is captivating, and the voice acting is still pretty good. Gameplay has a new yet familiar feeling as most of the controls and units are the same, but the new additions require new strategies to be formulated and properly executed. The campaign missions are much more in-depth and the characters are more developed due to the addition of cut-scenes rather than scrolling text and facial displays.

Good. Shit.

P.S.
NYC video thing kinda didn't work out. Will post up my adventure when I finish the campaign in SC2; which will probably be tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment