Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thank you Asher Roth.

So I've been wanting to post this for a little while now..

A couple days ago, I got a surprising letter from Northwestern University's Honor's Program for Medical Education...

They STRONGLY urged me to not pursue the HPME program and instead go for their traditional 4-year study program. Basically, they rejected the hell out of me.... Funny thing is... I don't remember applying...

Theoretically, getting an e-mail like that should've been like a kick to the face. I mean, Northwestern University was my top choice back in the day... why wouldn't being rejected again hurt? It didn't though, I actually laughed at it and that's because I realized that I love it here at UIUC. I've met so many inspirational and amazing people that helped shape me into what I am today. I laugh when I think about who or what I'd be if I actually made it into Northwestern on my first try...

First off, I probably wouldn't have the time to write this (although I probably shouldn't be writing this now as I should be at the gym already...) because I'd still be struggling on homework that was due last semester. Second, I wouldn't have met so many wonderful people at Northwestern because my friends that go there wouldn't have ditched me like they did here (thank God they did too) and odds are, I probably would never have broke out of my shell and met new people. Because of that, I wouldn't have found a passion in dance because the people who really pushed me in that direction (Alex, Kim, and Don.... thank you so much) would've been here. I also would still be fat as hell because I doubt I would've gone to the gym at NU. Finally, and worst of all, I probably would've never met Robin...

Happiness isn't getting what you want all the time...
It's LOVING what you have.

Life is good.



0 comments:

Post a Comment