Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

A message to the ladies

You make me confused as hell.

What I'm talkin' about is this whole "Chivalry is dead" thing. All I hear nowadays is women saying that men don't treat them like they should, and that we're rude, inconsiderate, and all we want to do is get in girl's pants and blah blah blah. But then, when guys treat women nicely and put them on a pedestal, we're suddenly sexist and wrong because they think we're doing it because we think that men are better than women.

I guess I'm more on the latter side of the spectrum in that I have that "chivalrous" tendency to treat women more nice than usual. I hold the door open for them, I (usually) speak nicely to them and (try to) avoid directly profanity at them, and if a woman asks me for a favor, I will always accept and do anything I can for them. Does that make me sexist? Does doing all that mean that I think women are inferior to men? I don't think so, but sometimes I think that's what some people think of me. I mean, I actually got cussed out once at Kohl's for holding a door open for this particular woman. Apparently I thought that she couldn't open the door because she was a woman.. that just struck me dumbfounded and kinda pissed me off because I was just trying to be nice.

I don't understand what the hell I'm supposed to do or not do to make you ladies happy.

Any help?


0 comments:

Post a Comment